February 2022 Newsletter
Working with GoDaddy (website hosting company) Scott Jesienouski resolved the not-so-temporary hold on our CCMRRC website. Thanks very much for your efforts, Scott! And now, here’s the slightly downsized February 2022 Newsletter.
Club Display HO Layout – Over the past month, the HO scale 2018 Jubilee of Trees railroad was refurbished thanks to the efforts of Dave Merrill and Lloyd Thomson. Unfortunately, a lack of personnel to man the display prevents its debut at the Kanab Train Show on February 11-12. Photos of the rebuild can be found HERE. Scroll down to HO Railroad Rehab.
Member Railroads – Bryan & Linda Enarson added to their train collection by acquiring boards 2 & 3 of the Lionel Display Railroad. Photos and videos can be seen HERE.
Lionel Display Railroad 2.0 - As reported in December and above, all three Lionel layout boards have been sold to two happy owners. To keep the building momentum going full steam ahead, Bob Mallory and the Lionel group have begun their second creation on a single 4x8 board. Click HERE for progress photos. Note the viewing portal incorporated into the tunnel under construction and "supervisor" Al Thorne.
Club Membership – Larry Schneider reports our 2022 membership currently stands at 40.
Tools For Sale – Offered to club members and listed on Craig’s List as well.
· 12 Volt Magnetic Tow Light Kit - Haul Master 69925 $25
· Air Brush Compressor - Central Pneumatic 83657 $55
· Air Compressor - Central Pneumatic 3 gallon $50
· Compound Miter Saw - Craftsman 10” 315.2125 $100
· Cordless Drill/Flashlight Kit - Drill Master 91396 $35
· Cordless Drill/Stud Finder - Black & Decker GCO185FB $45
· Dual Action Airbrush Compressor Kit HS08 $59
· Ink Jet Printer - Brother MFC-J 4710DW $220
· Laser Printer - Pantum P2502W (B&W only) $80
· Nail Gun - Central Pneumatic Model 40116 $50
Future Clinic Topics - The most interest is for 3D printing. Three club members Tim Fitch, Keith Johnson, and Dave Merrill are active in creating 3D models. As a point of interest, Keith is giving a presentation to the SunRiver community in February about using the Innovation Center at the University to do this. Making and Applying Decals gained the second most votes followed by Model Railroad Photography & Video. When arrangements for these member-conducted clinics are finalized, dates and times will be published here in the CCMRRC Newsletter.
Modeling News & Shows
The Kanab Train Show is this Friday and Saturday. https://kanabtrainshow.com/
· Union Pacific orders ten Wabtec FLXDrive battery-electric locomotives
· Union Pacific to buy 10 Caterpillar battery locomotives
· Elusive Baldwin ‘Shark’ Emerges After Four Decades in Storage
All Aboard !!