July 2021 Newsletter
Welcome to July everyone,
Great news from Union Pacific about the Heritage Tour 2021 highlights this month’s newsletter. Announced June 20th, the planned itinerary features display stops in Fort Worth, Houston, New Orleans, St. Louis, and Denver. See https://www.up.com/heritage/steam/schedule/index.htm for UP 4014’s complete route and other details as they become available.
The date and time of this year’s Christmas Party has been set, so mark your calendars. Thomas Eckhardt has graciously arranged the use of the Sky Mountain HOA clubhouse on December 7th beginning at 5:30pm. Complete details will be published in the CCMRRC November Newsletter.
Larry Schneider reports club t-shirts are available at $15 each. Black: XL and 2XL Red: XL, 2XL, and 3XL. If you’re anxious to augment your t-shirt inventory contact Larry by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
From Greg James, Part 107 Commercial Pilot, Keith Johnson shares this drone VIDEO of his outdoor G scale railroad. (To make the file size manageable, the image quality was decreased. My apologies Keith.)
Annotated photos of Larry Schneider’s latest construction efforts can be seen HERE. Scroll down to the July 2021 update.
An exquisite G-scale railroad nestled in the Santa Ynez Valley belonging to Don and Linda Morgan can be seen HERE.
Lionel Collector's Club of America's 2021 Virtual Summit - July 15th @ 1pm MDT - https://www.youtube.com/user/LionelModelTrains
· From our own Thomas Eckhardt comes his YouTube video, Union Pacific in Oregon - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-Le8wAp6S4 Thomas explains HERE how he finds the best locations for train watching. It’s much more than just blind luck.
· New club member Tom Lantry tells us about his recent railfan experience HERE.
· 12 Best Pennsylvania Train Trips - https://vacationidea.com/pennsylvania/best-pennsylvania-train-trips.html
· Amtrak shows off first long-distance Siemens Charger diesel locomotive - https://www.trains.com/trn/news-reviews/news-wire/amtrak-show-off-first-long-distance-siemens-charger-diesel-locomotive/
· Amtrak shows off upgrades to long-distance trains - https://chicago.suntimes.com/platform/amp/2021/6/15/22533534/amtrak-upgrades-long-distance-trains-union-station-dining-cars-sleepers
· Wabtec, GM Team on New Locomotive Power Systems - https://www.railwayage.com/mechanical/locomotives/wabtec-gm-team-on-new-locomotive-power-systems/
· N&W 611 Steam Locomotive at the Strasburg Rail Road - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uD-obhftGs
While spending a few days in the hospital last month, I took every opportunity to hype the G-scale railroad the Club installed in the Pediatrics Playroom with every staff member. Since it’s been closed to virtually everyone since early last year because of COVID-19, I wasn’t too surprised when I discovered very few individuals knew it existed. At least with the numerous hospital staff I encountered, that problem no longer exists!
Enjoy your July 4th holiday safely everyone.
Until August, All Aboard !!!!Lloyd Thomson